Lily Kerr-Jung, Course of 2022
Hometown and State: Cleveland, Ohio
Why Wittenberg: “I selected Wittenberg simply because it felt like home practically promptly. The individuals I met when I visited had been heat, pleasant, and welcoming. When I frequented the theatre division, I felt like my voice would actually be heard, and I knew I would be equipped to do every thing I needed to do right here, and that has been accurate!”
1. My Sewing Machine: I have worked in the Costume Store all 4 several years that I’ve been at Witt, and it’s been a single of the finest ordeals of my daily life. I have been ready to style and design costumes for exhibits like Good Children, Spring Awakening, The Tempest, and Peter Pan.
2. Lab Sweatshirt: I experienced the honor this year of remaining the very first college student creative director of The Wittenberg Lab Theatre. I’ve acquired so a lot about how to run a theatre, and it is brought me a action closer to my supreme intention. I was also ready to direct and layout a single of my favored shows, Riot Grrrl Will save the World, out in Commencement Hollow with the Lab.
3. Perform Script: I arrived below to do theatre, but I by no means predicted to have this kind of a deeply fulfilling practical experience. Together with the prospects I have by now talked about, I have gotten the chance to conduct in many productions, and each and every one has been these types of a beneficial and stunning encounter. Carrying out theatre below hasn’t just been a fantastic educational practical experience, it has also brought me to my finest close friends.
4. Gonzo Plush: This is form of a unusual just one, but I like the Muppets and Gonzo in particular, and when items get really hard or irritating, I usually switch to them. Gonzo reminds me to be strange and amazing, and that the suitable persons will be there and love me no subject what. It also reminds me of some of the most pleasurable ordeals of my faculty job at Gonzo theatre nights.
5. Amazing Shoe: Expressing myself via my apparel is actually vital to me, and I experiment a ton with trend and how I current myself, from super edgy, to retro, to company everyday. I also thrift almost all of my garments, or I buy from little organizations, and I like owning one of a kind and person apparel that is also more sustainable!
6. Alpha Delta Pi Letters: Before I acquired to school, I definitely did not believe of myself as a sorority woman, but I’m so glad I joined Alpha Delta Pi. The ladies in ADPi are so pushed, smart, sort, and inspiring, and I’m so glad to have this kind of a cool group of females in my lifetime.
7. Orange Butterfly: The orange butterfly is a image of ADHD. Obtaining ADHD is a major component of my life, and it will come with a ton of gifts and issues. Learning to not just accept, but adore and rejoice my neurodiversity has allowed me to like and celebrate all the sorts of brains and bodies that the planet is full of. Incapacity and neurodiversity advocacy is one particular of the most essential matters to me, and I have accomplished my best during my time below to produce a extra welcoming and loving natural environment for anyone. My senior comp was coming up with a manufacturing of Peter Pan that was actively welcoming to all those with disabilities and neurodivergences, and I just can’t wait around to proceed that function out in the “real planet.”
-Info compiled by Cynthia Holbrook, University Communications